Allegiant Airlines Firearms Policy
Written by Danny Behymer,
in Section Safety And Education
Allegiant allows firearms to be transported using the following guidelines:
- All passengers must declare their firearm at time of check-in.
- Passengers must be 18 years of age to check a firearm.
- Firearms and ammunition cannot be carried on board the aircraft but are accepted in checked baggage only.
- Firearms must be unloaded and encased in a locked, hard-sided container acceptable to Allegiant for withstanding normal checked baggage handling without sustaining damage to the firearm. Only the individual checking the baggage should retain the key or combination.
- Firearm parts, including magazines, clips, bolts and firing pins, are prohibited in carry-on baggage, but may be transported in checked baggage.
- Replica firearms, including firearm replicas that are toys, may be transported in checked baggage only.
- Rifle scopes are permitted in carry-on and checked baggage.
- There is no limit to the number of firearms or corresponding accessories a passenger can carry in the locked hard-sided container.
Restrictions apply to ammunition carried in checked-baggage.
- Up to a total gross weight 11 (eleven) pounds per passenger
- Must be in the manufacturer’s original container or equivalent container specifically designed to carry ammunition and container must provide sufficient cartridge separation
- Only cartridges up to 19.1 mm (0.75 caliber) or shotgun shells may be accepted for transport
It is YOUR responsability to comply with Allegiant Airlines Policies, TSA Regulations and local City, and State Gun Laws of where you are traveling from, through, and your final distination. Although you may have complied with federal TSA and Airline regulations you may still have legal issues in States such as California, New York and New Jersey! ( NOTE: Firearms, Magazines, and Ammunition could all be in violation of individual State Laws)
Are you traveling out of state?
Do you have a Self-Defense Protection plan in place, and if not why risk your future? The best and most comprehensive protection is by CCW Safe!